Friday, December 6, 2013

Nail Polish Review

These last few weeks I have been trying out the Wet n Wild Megalast
nail polish in the color Disturbia. In the bottle the color is a few shades lighter and has metallic purple in the formula. It has the ManiCurve Pro Brush in it which I liked, but I'm not a fan of the formula. It goes on really easily but it doesn't dry hard it's more of a gel consistency. With the gel consistency I noticed it doesn't last very long without getting damaged. It easily gets pushed up and pulled away from the nail. I had it on my toes as well and I was moving furniture, it scratched away in the middle of my nail which was really odd to me. It might last longer with maybe a hardening  topcoat on it, I used it with just a base coat to test if it's promise of long lasting color without chipping was true. I guess technically it's not wrong because it doesn't chip...it peels away. I haven't tried lots of other colors in this line, maybe it's just the formula to this particular color. It's not a bad color thought I think it's very similar to Essie Sole Mate, which I was a big fan of last fall. It's just a really dark shade of purple I don't see the metallic purple in it much at all which was disappointing. I would probably recommend going with Essie Sole Mate instead because it had a longer wear and didn't have the gel consistency. I've posted the links to both bellow.
Bye Lovelies!
 
http://www.amazon.com/Wet-Wild-MegaLast-217B-Disturbia/dp/B0089BB0WO
http://www.amazon.com/Essie-Fall-Collection-Sole-Mate/dp/B000CO6U94

No comments:

Post a Comment